Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Google Image Search


The power of Google just never ceases to amaze me.  I would love to spend time with the brains that continue to dream of new things.  A new to me tool is what I call reverse searching with Google Images.  

The above dress showed up in my Facebook news feed as a Nordstrom ad.  I loved the colors on it and clicked on the ad, but couldn't find the dress.  So, Google Image Search to the rescue!  I simply took a screen shot (on a Mac, it is command/shift/4 to select a certain portion of the screen) and then went to www.google.com and clicked on images.  
Click on the camera icon and then select whether you would like to search for an image by URL or upload your own.  Since I took a screen shot, I uploaded my own picture!

Then the magic happens!


If you are the type who need to see the clicking in action, you can watch a screencast of this search in action!



Happy searching!






No comments:

Post a Comment